1. How can I register for the Award?
Applicants must register on the website when submissions are open starting 22 August 2019 until 17 October 2019. Applicants must also agree to the terms and conditions/rules and regulations of the Mural and Art Competition.
2. Who can join the Mural and Art Competition?
The Mural and Art Competition is open to all UAE residents carrying an Emirates ID above the age of 18.
3. What kind of artworks I may submit?
Mural Painting Category:
Acrylic, Oil, Water Color and Gouache, digital painting, photography – please keep in mind that whatever you submit online for this category must be implemented and executed as a painting on the chosen wall. Dimensions: 7 metres (height) x 5.8 metres (width)
Ceramics, Sculpture, Glass, Metals, Recycled Material
- Height: not to exceed 2 metres and should not be less than 1 metre.
- Base: not to exceed 1.5 metre x 1.5 metre and should not be less than 0.5 metre x 0.5 metre (depending on the shape and the materials used during the execution of the artwork).
- Weight should not exceed 300 KG.
- The sculpture will be exhibited indoors.
- The sculpture may take any shape.
4. How many pieces of artwork may I submit?
Applicants may only submit (1) piece of artwork per category.
5. May I enter artwork created by 2 or more artists?
Group / Collaborative artwork may be submitted keeping in mind that each team must have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of five (5) members only.
6. If I already won an award from the previous year/s, may I still enter the Award?
Previous winners are eligible to participate provided the category entered is different from their previously winning category.
7. What is the subject matter of the artwork I may submit?
- The subject matter of this year’s edition of the Mural and Art Competition is associated with the “Year of Tolerance”.
- You should be culturally sensitive and adhere to the sensibilities of the region.
- Any art work considered offensive, culturally sensitive, provocative, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or of inappropriate content, will not be eligible for the Award Competition.
8. What are the criteria for judging the artwork?
- Relevance to Concept “Year of Tolerance”
- Technical excellence